Going Green With Us
ECO-FRIENDLY REASONS TO GO WITH DAVID THOMAS TRAILWAYS
-David Thomas Trailways motorcoaches operate using Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) and are equipped with state-of-the-art emissions-lowering technology to reduce polluting particulate emissions by 90%.
– David Thomas Trailways coaches are equipped Global Positioning System (GPS), which enables us to monitor and provide driver incentives to minimize idle time which has resulted in a substantial reduction in fuel consumption.
THAN YOUR CAR
THAN AIR TRAVEL
– Throughout our office and maintenance facility, we have LED and high-efficiency lighting installed to conserve energy.
– Our office recycles paper, brochures, toner, plastic, and bottles.
– Our cleaning staff use eco-friendly products to clean and disinfect our buses, office, and maintenance facility.
STILL NOT SURE? HERE’S MORE ECO-FRIENDLY REASONS TO CHOOSE DAVID THOMAS TRAILWAYS!
- Highway congestion costs United States taxpayers $72 billion annually in wasted resources and lost productivity. One motor coach can displace as many as 56 passenger cars from crowded highways.
- By keeping up to 425 million cars off of U.S. roads annually, motor coaches drastically reduce air, ground, water and noise pollution.
- Motor coaches deliver more than 146 passenger miles per gallon of fuel, and yield more people-moving efficiency per BTU than any other mode of transportation.
- Motor coaches use 493 BTUs per passenger mile and produced 37 grams of Carbon Dioxide per passenger mile. Motor coaches use the least amount of energy and produce the least amount of Carbon Dioxide of all modes of mass transportation.